In this article, we are going to clear all your doubt related to how to Restore Backup Files using cPanel.
This information will help you to retrieve all file of your website in case your website server get crashed or hacked.
Cyber attacked using malware and virus on websites is very common these days which can spoil your website database.
To avoid the loss related to your website data you should backup your website data on regular basis so that in case any issue you can restore it.
Steps to Create a Backup using cPanel -:
1. Login to the cPanel of your Website, in the main dashboard of cPanel search for FILES section.
2. In FILES section select Backup option.
3.Hit on Download a Full Website Backup button.
4. Backup of your full cPanel will be saved into your account home directory by default.
You can also change the location of the backup in case you want to change it.
Click on the Generate Backup option.
5. Now you will be able to see a message box telling you about initialization of the Backup process.
6. Select Go Back on the screen to check the real-time status of the backup generation process.
The tick next to Backup file name indicates that the data of website has been backed up completely.
You can either download the Backup file or it can also be send to your email address.
Steps to Restore a Backup using cPanel -:
1. Login to cPanel of your website, Go to FILE section and search for the Backup option.
2. Click on Choose File button.
3. Select the Backup file that you have downloaded earlier and hit the Upload button.
Now you will be able to see the progress bar which show that how many files have been backed up.
Once it is done your website is completely restored.
Hope the above article has help you with how to restore backup file using cPanel.
Let us know which method you would prefer to restore backup file using cPanel in the comment section below.
Also if you have any suggestion and doubt related to the above article you can write to us in the comment section.
This article will clear all your doubt related to Backup of a Website. You should backup your full website on regular basis so that in case any issue you can restore it more easily.
Need a good web hosting provider, contact us at YOCOHOST, we are always ready to serve you!